Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Lull

Allow me to make my periodic post apologizing for the lull generated by my lack of posting of late. The reasons aren't anything exotic: no avian flu or blockbuster deal with web portal. Rather, it's a combination of being exceptionally busy and desiring to tinker with reviews I've already written for television. The busy part has interfered with the plan to lengthen what I've already delivered on NOW PLAYING.

I'll get around to posting a few reviews soon, hopefully beginning after returning from the Antonoio Banderas ZORRO sequel that has taken an unusually long amount of time to get to the screen. (Maybe it isn't so unusual. This year has turned up follow-up films arriving several years after their forebears [DEUCE BIGALOW: EUROPEAN GIGOLO, MISS CONGENIALITY 2].) Then again, I'm going to have the latest episode of LOST waiting on the DVR when I get home.

This time might as well be as good a time as any for an unscientific study. If you're a regular reader of this blog--and I hope you are--please feel free to let me know you're out there, what brought you here in the first place, what keeps you coming back, and from where you're reading (city, country, etc.--not "in front of the computer"). The comments section is probably the best place, but if you'd prefer to e-mail me, that's fine too. I have a general idea of the readership from looking at the site traffic reports, but I know they're imperfect.

2 comments:

  1. Paul Clark here, reporting from Suffield, Ohio. I first came because I knew you from the Wexner Center, and I keep coming back so I can get a taste of Columbus every once in a while. Which I really can't do if you don't update, but you're a busy guy, so I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you keep up with the blog, even when I'm dragging my feet. I suppose it's better to be busy than to have nothing to do.

    Moving when you did, you have since missed out on the new and improved seats at the Wexner Center. They're a significant improvement over the old ones.

    ReplyDelete